This recipe took a while to develop because I have a prettttttyyyy high standard for pancakes. To my son’s delight, I decided to devote every Saturday morning for the last couple weeks to making and tweaking my pancake recipe and I FINALLY perfected it (gluten free baking is truly a science and an art, y’all)!
These bad boys are simple (you most likely have all of the ingredients already) fluffy, delicious, and melt in your mouth pancakes. Everything I was hoping for! This recipe makes about 10 small pancakes or 8 medium sized pancakes.
Gluten Free Fluffy Pancakes
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Servings: 4
1 1/2 c gluten free all purpose flour mix (You can make your own using this recipe, or buy one already made. The only store brand that I feel doesn’t work well as an all purpose flour is Arrowhead Mills)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. xanthum gum (omit if your gf flour mix already has this added)
2 tbsp coconut palm sugar
2 tbsp White vinegar
1 c milk of choice (I use almond milk to make it dairy free)
1/4 c olive oil
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Grease with your fat of choice: butter, coconut oil, ghee, etc.)
2. In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, mix the milk and vinegar. Set aside.
3. Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl - gf flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and coconut palm sugar.
4. Mix eggs and olive oil together, then add in the milk/vinegar mixture.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Now this is VERY IMPORTANT - to keep the pancakes fluffy, ONLY stir until mixed. DO NOT overstir, otherwise you will not have fluffy pancakes.
4. Using a large spoon, ladle onto the heated skillet. Flip once you see bubbles form.
5. Top it with some grass fed butter and maple syrup and enjoy!